Following the publication of the guide to the stained glass at the Church of St Peter in Lampeter, the largest Anglican church in Carmarthen, also dedicated to Peter, will shortly have its own guide to all of its stained glass windows. The book has been funded by the Friends of St Peter's together with a bequest from a local teacher, the late Miss Wooloff, and will be launched on the 10 March 2018. The church has some early nineteenth century glass, examples by various Victorian stained glass firms, early twentieth-century windows by three different makers, and two more recent windows by the Welsh artist John Petts.
The stained glass at the Church of St Peter in Lampeter now has its first guide to all of its stained glass windows. Funded by the church, a new book by Martin Crampin and John Hammond now describes and illustrates the windows and other features in the church. The book also offers some suggested attributions for hitherto unattributed windows.
Following initial discussions in the summer of 2014, the work of the late J.O. Hughes on the stained glass at Llanwenllwyfo in Anglesey will finally be published this autumn with many full-page colour illustrations. The book has been partly funded by his family in memory of J.O. Hughes and his wife Catherine, and contains illustrations of all of the main pictorial scenes that survive at the church. The stained glass panels came from the collection of the Neave family, and include early sixteenth-century work commissioned for the Charterhouse of Leuven. The book is published with parallel English and Welsh texts.
As a result of an invitation to talk about the stained glass from Thomas Johnes' collection at Hafod (Cwm Ystwyth), all of the surviving glass is illustrated in a new book. This small publication provides a summarised history of the church and glass, as well as full-page illustrations of all of the main groups of surviving fragments. Most of his glass was devastated by fire in 1807 shortly after being installed at his house, and most of the glass that was brought to the church in 1805 was also lost when the church was burnt out in 1932. The book was launched on 15 June at the Church of St Michael, Eglwys Newydd, Hafod, during a day of talks, walks, and performances exploring the Hafod estate, as part of the Coleridge in Wales Festival.
Enquiries are welcome about commissioning photography, or producing books, leaflets, postcards and interpretative material such as large displays and signage for your church or historic building. This might be in order to raise funds, or as part of a broader strategy to develop faith tourism through heritage interpretation in order to attract visitors.